‘She hath kept none for herself,’ grumbled the sergeant.
‘because she is a mother.’ ”
-Victor Hugo
I thought of the wonderful mothers who have left behind amazing legacies and lessons that have touched my life.
I thought about all the wonderful mothers and women in my life. There are so many!! My Grandma is simply THE BEST example, my mother who made my childhood so enjoyable, all my fun aunts, my mother-in-law who is just super-woman and raised fantastic children, my incredible sisters-in-law:
Jill (who I am INSANELY proud of as she went back to school and just graduated this month with 5 kids) and is such a rock and support in my life (and paved the way for more in-laws!) and just GETS me!
Lynnae who juggles everything with such a level head, has such a talent for honing in on each of her children's needs, and who amazes me every time I talk to her. She builds up every person around her (same qualities I fell in love with Hal for having).
Marilee who can conquer it ALL and make any project exciting and fun. There is more creativity in this woman than 50 combined and she knows how to bring out the best in children--making them shine! I miss Marilee...
Dayna who can always make me laugh and made my world seem so EASY as she juggles all the dietary needs of her children! We definitely live too far from them!
Laurel is so down-to-earth and is truly a trooper. She is the essence of hard work and determination as everything she does shows such love for her family.
Karly builds relationships and makes everyone feel at ease. She does EVERYONE's hair and still makes us feel like she enjoys it! She goes out of her way to find little ways to show love.
Erin who loves to learn. She is the family "go-to" person and is great to develop confidence and individuality in her children.
LauraLee who just makes me feel comfortable. She's had more than her fair share of my phone calls and helps me not feel so alone as we tried to figure out our hubbies! She's got such an eye for design and has so much talent...
Most of all, I'm so grateful for all my friends (and now my new friends) who are amazing mothers and set examples for me in SO many ways! There are so many who have truly touched my life--I wish I could name everyone but here are some that are so dear to me!
Amy - Yup, you're the top of my warrior list because while you juggle 5, you have three dinners in your arm for different families, a phone on one ear lifting someone's burdens while planning all mutual activities (and YM activities - hee) for the next three months, and the best smile and laugh. And you mow the dang lawn for your hubby! You keep me sane!
Michelle - if I could be a little more like you I would LOVE it! Not only are you the best pediatrician, but you saved us with Kya. You are the cutest mom and I love your ability to pick up any creative project and become an expert!
Emily who stays so sane and calm with twins! You have more patience and love than I have ever seen in a woman and are so creative.
And all these new friends/mums I am getting to know who are just amazing!! This ward is full of amazing mothers and I have LOVED meeting everyone. Everywhere we move I take a little bit with me from each person I meet and I feel so richly blessed. Thank you for all of your great examples!! You guys are SUCH cute women and mothers!!

2 comments:
Mmmm...flattery works wonders for my day!! I just wish I could actually live up to what you said and not just keep you in rose colored glasses. :D
Love ya!
PS-this week is standards night, board mtg, 2 VTs, Mike work at night, and babysit niece and nephew 6 days...I may need a call! :D
Awesome quote and GORGEOUS picture of you and Kya! I am loving all the Mother's Day posts!
Post a Comment