Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sick of bein' Sick!

The theme this week is bike riding because the weather has been SO great. Hal hooked up the bike trailer for me on Saturday and we took off for a ride. Kya LOVED it -- Special thanks to Brad and Teri! Kya has been sick almost all month and I was wearing very very thin come the last few days. After surviving the last few weeks, I finally woke up with the sinus problems and body aches - urgh.

I think I reached the cracking point this week. Kya wakes up most mornings crying for Texas and that starts the theme for the day! She's been too sick to play with kids or go to school so instead of curling up for a nap like I was secretly wishing I could do, I ended up laying on the driveway in tears after realizing Hal had detached my tires and I didn't have enough energy to even put them back on! Kya saw that I was sad and built me these lego towers to "make me happy." Really cute - Ok, they seriously got me laughing - where did she find an Indian to drive her "truck"? ha!

All our moves have been hard. Who am I kidding? Moving to Texas was the worst because I packed the moving truck the same day as my finals and after being alone for 3 months with Kya. I was seriously burned out!! My sister-in-law saved my life--she's amazing. This move hasn't been exhausting, luckily, just...well, just pretty much lonely. We've moved 9 times and have never really experienced this!

Kya-ism for the day: We were talking about the Promised Land and she was describing to Hal how it was across the ocean for Nephi and far away. It had "lots of trees and houses everywhere and they used their boat." Hal asked her where the promised land is: "It's here - we live here!" Then, in true Hal form, he started talking to her about we must keep the commandments in order to maintain our freedom in the promised land (yes, exactly a 3 yr old level) and she blurted out, totally surprising both of us: "I WON'T keep the commandments. I will NOT!" Wo - why? "Because I don't want to always live here; I want to go back to Texas!" She was sad to hear that Texas was included in the Promised Land...

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

o thats the cutest little comment about not keeping the commandments. I had to laugh. We miss you guys, I walk past your house all the time.
But I would LOVE to leave TX to be in the promised land with y'all.

The Fowers said...

I admit - I am guilty of lurking and not leaving comments.
Are you REALLY sure that Texas isn't the promised land? Especially when Jackson got 12 red ant bites this week and I still can't find the ant pile...