As I picked Kya up from preschool last week, the teacher made a comment about Kya talking with a group of little girls in class. I was SO excited to hear that she FINALLY started to engage with her schoolmates (it's been 6 weeks). Well, I got in the car and Kya told me she got in trouble and had to sit away because she was talking to some girls. My heart just sank because Kya isn't really a bad kid and she cried the rest of the day and into the night about it with no success of distraction.
Then on Sunday we met Tristan and her 4 yr old daughter, Maddy, who just moved into the ward. SO excited for another girl! We all met up at SuperFranks for the girls to play around in the gym. Kerry and her adorable girls came and, you guys, I'm such a cheese ball, but I was so thrilled to see Kya run and smile and play again. These girls are so cute together.
They have a princess room (with a castle, table settings, dress-up clothes, the works) and so we're going to have to have a little girl party soon. Too fun--this is right up Kya's alley! I didn't realize how tired I looked today-- haven't slept in two nights (wetting the bed and nightmares have returned) so Hal gets my lovely texts at 3am just basically saying, "hi, acknowledge me, work hard and come home!" BUT THAT'S OKAY BECAUSE SHE NOW HAS FRIENDS!!!!!!
2 comments:
Tonight while Maddie was watching me cook dinner, she said to me "Mommy, Kya is my special friend!" She has always said that Daddy and Mommy are her special friends, so I am so happy that she now has a real special friend! She also said that she had fun and that she like the other girl (Gracie) as well! :) So fun! I hope you get a better nights sleep!
Oh I LOVE that you called us the "Princess Posse" that is so awesome!! I am going to forever call us that now!
Post a Comment