Packed the house in record speed and moved to Cali. Poor Hal was still getting emergency "need" calls from the ward while we were packing the car and even along the roadtrip. I think he'll miss his calling a lot, but grateful for a short break!
Got out here and then took off to Maui for a much-needed week alone. We came back and celebrated Hal's 31st birthday while he started his new job with Deloitte. He is loving every minute of it--a brilliant change. It's fun to watch him come alive again. He's doing strategy and org structure changes for brilliant clients and is in charge of all learning and development for his side of the company. If you know Hal, that's RIGHT up his alley--tell them what they need to know, what books to read, and find development speakers and topics. ha!
Great Christmas break, Kya and I spent the day at Six Flags (Marine World) with killer whales and dolphins in 40 degree weather and LOVED it, a trip to our cabin for New Years and then jumped down to L.A. for Camille's baptism and also saw Wicked (wahoo!).
Celebrated my 27th birthday with temple night. There were over 200 people there and it was so nice to walk into the room and recognize half the faces of people I've known and have touched my life through the years. I decided that that's got to be a little bit of what heaven is like - friends you haven't seen in years meeting you with warm hugs. Spent the next night in the city for an over-the-top work party and snuck out for a quiet dinner alone.
It's been a tougher transition than we thought, but we all agree that this is exactly where we need to be and it's feeling more like home (like bumping into Steve Young at NikeTown our first weekend here). ha! Kya misses Texas more than I expected and we get moments of the sweetest voice telling us not to sell our house and maybe we shouldn't move to California. It doesn't help that there is only one girl within 2 years of her age and 13 boys. She's missing her princess posse and I'm missing my friends!



1 comment:
you guys have been BUSY!!! I'm glad your moved and Hal loves his job.
Post a Comment