We had a GREAT labor day weekend when Hal booked us a cabin here in the mountains. The "Boone" cabin, to be precise. It was really fun and quaint and next to several hot springs and the outdoor theater where we took the kids to see Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (they loved it). I somehow only came home with 3 shots! But I loved this one of Hal and Evie.
This is Kya begging us to buy the cabin. She got the entire upstairs loft and bathroom to herself and apparently that is the coolest thing ever. Then Mike, Laura and McKay all came up to join us. It really was a perfect get-away when we can't quite get away yet!
Hal and Kya have been into making really fun "dinner surprises" lately. It's been awesome. Here is one of their decorations. I loved it -- I think the idea stemmed when Hal walked in the door one day and I was nursing in one hand and playing Hungry Hippos in the other but unfortunately, right at that moment, Kya's hippo jammed and she lost it. So I was trying to console, nurse, and un-jam a hippo one-handed while the beads went flying. I can only imagine what a pathetic scene we must have been!!
Meanwhile Evie is growing and changing so fast. She's almost outgrown her newborn diapers and I'm determined to make them last as long as possible. I have been enjoying her so much that I can't bear her growing up so fast!!
She is amazingly alert although when she nods off, she'll give me a handful of smiles. Then she'll sometimes start giggling and when it turns into a laugh, she startles herself and wakes up (arms shooting out and everything). It's the most precious sound!
We get stopped at the stores all the time with comments about her hair. The other day, Hal came home shocked saying EVERY corner her turned, ladies were stopping him. Gotta love that hair. The nurses in the hospital had all named her "Roxy" and posted her front and center of the nursery window. They were so funny with her! They would pull her cart around for all the newborns to look at. So the hair must really make a statement!
It's already coming in quite blond so I only have a little more time with my little brunette!
5 comments:
What a fun weekend you must have had! Kya is still cute as ever. Every once in a while Maddie will say "I miss Kya". It is cute!
Evie is just beautiful! She does have a great head of hair! Fun!
SUCH cute photos! i'm so glad you were able to get away a bit!! And man superwoman!! That story of nursing, consoling, and fixing hungry hippos at once.... what DON'T you do!?! haha LOVE YOU!!!
How fun to have a little getaway family vacation. You inspire me.
Don't you guys want to move back here?
OK...so I snooped into your blog through Amy LeBaron's...hope you don't mind. Your new little one is darling...Congratulations!! Looks like you are all happy and healthy and that is wonderful. Feel free to snoop on us at gkarredondo.blogspot.com
Gil and Katie :)
Jess, It has been a while and I wanted to say congrats on your new beautiful baby! She is so precious! You guys look like you are doing so great;).
Post a Comment