Monday, August 31, 2009

Don't be Fooled!

Ok, something about newborns in their carseats always cracks me up. Maybe because they're so darn tiny and half folded...
anyhow - she always looks so sweet and angelic....
UNTIL...
...the clock strikes 5pm. Looks like we're in for some collic again. I've started diet #1 so cross our fingers it works! (Diet #2 involves removing all dairy PLUS whey-creams, butter, etc). Hey, so any tricks you guys have used---I'm TOTALLY open!! And yes, the football hold is brilliant when Hal is holding her!

Hal thought it would be funny to "scare" me when he came home earlier from his business trip and I thought I heard something downstairs and Kya was already in bed. He jumped from around the corner and scared the daylights out of me! He totally opened a can of worms with that one because he had no idea I had been bouncing/feeding/rocking/soothing a screaming baby for 3 hours and I was so startled I just burst into tears. PATHETIC!!
Isn't there some unwritten rule that you don't sneak into the house after dark when your wife has been alone while you're traveling???


1st day of Kindergarten!

She did it! She's off and THRILLED! As I was standing there with three other friends, I was laughing at the moms getting emotional. Then they all lined up and all waved goodbye and then I had to fight back the emotions. My baby is growing up way too fast.
I asked her to stop growing and she said, "Mom, I'm trying really really hard to stop and it doesn't work!"
She was so excited while the girl behind her was crying and the boy next to her was literally screaming.


I love this kid. She is such a sweetheart and spark of light in our lives!

6 comments:

Tristan said...

Yeah, I would have been ticked off if Ryan had done what Hal did! That is not cool! Kind of funny though!

Your girls are gorgeous! I'm sorry about the colic! That is so not fun! I don't have anything for ya except understanding and prayers! Hang in there!

lee said...

Oh man! Not fun! Our tricks for the no-reason-crying have been the yoga ball, bouncing, car rides, bouncing, swing, bouncing and then food. Allie is a lot better at all the bouncing and work-out-motion soothing than I am. Her arms are going to be bigger than mine any day now!

Kya looks so ready! It doesn't surprise me that she could walk away as confident as she did, I would guess her mom did the same thing a few years ago! I think Evie will be more like her pathetic uncle Lee and just bawl any time mom isn't around!

Well, now its your turn to offer suggestions for us! Allie goes sleepless more than I do.

Katie said...

OH MAN JESS!! YOU HAVE 2 ANGELIC LOOKING KIDS!! I can't believe that Kya started kindergarten!! That's NUTS!! She looks SOOO cute!! I miss you guys!! Give everyone my love!

Michelle said...

Kya looks so cute and so grown up all of a sudden. I'm glad she was excited and ready to go to the first day of school.

Hal was not cool to scare you like that. Stephen once did the same thing to me, coming home from a business trip early, but he didn't jump out from around a corner to tell me he was home.

As far as the night time colic thing goes, I read Happiest Baby on the Block. It pretty much for my boys and helped them sleep better. Other than that, I don't have any other advice.

jimcooper said...

I have found a spot that may accept me & to tell you how very much I love your blog & how very much I miss you all.
Please tell me about the beautiful song running with the beutiful people pictures?
What an 'outstanding in every way' family you have. We are proud of you.
GG & GG Cooper

Mike'n'Amy said...

Hal's lucky you just cried...I'd have probably had a bat in my hand checking out the noise...