Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ok, so my life is more than...

...more than just posts about my hand. Sorry for the monotony!!
The best distractions have been Hal's fam--
I took a few Sr. pics of my nephew--he is a GREAT kid
I went with them to pick out his tux for prom and decided I'm having all boys from this point on. Seriously--15 minutes, tops, and we were done.
Although the lady thought I was his mom--THAT makes you feel good on top of being preggers!
Fishing, BBQing, Boating, and TWISTER have been so much fun with the Hill's.
They are truly the best!
I busted up at Hal squattin' on Kya (can't beat this kind of bonding).

Kya and I redid her bedroom colors and had a blast with the chandelier and armoir...still to be finished, but it's coming together. I'd love to paint it green!
Kya is still minus her daybed--to be cont'd

Below is one of my FAVORITE projects.
I made magnets & a magnet board with scrapbook paper. I tested the project in Kya's room and love it. It's so much better than tacking!
I have an awesome one I'm working on for downstairs--yet to be unveiled!
(errrr...yet to finish with one hand)
last but certainly not least was a really fun Mother's Day. I got the BEST scavenger hunt for all my gifts (gotta love Kya's present) and we met up with old friends for dinner.
The card was hilarious--I may need to snap a pic.
Cameras are made for right-handed people so I realized I've hardly documented any of our adventures! (geo-caching today was a blast--Kya found play-dough in the first find and was in heaven)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Okay, I'm totally laughing that the tux shop people thought you were the mom! Really now, you don't look anywhere old enough to have a son graduating from HS. Did you cut the letters of Kya's name for her room?

Mike'n'Amy said...

I'm so glad that you had a fun Mother's Day and are enjoying Boise! We are going to be going from Grand Junction to Bountiful probably on the 10th or 11th...I was thinking you were closer to UT (because I'm such a great geography whiz...). We may just have to plan a girls weekend in Dallas. Maybe I need to get Hal's cell number? :)

Katie said...

Kya's room looks SO CUTE!!! way to go jess!!!! That pic of the twister game totally made me miss you guys too! SO cute!!!

Wardell Family said...

I LOVE Kya's room! If I ever have a girl, I may just have to copy you!!!