It's been forever since I've posted and even really read anyone's blog! Maybe I'm still in my funk?! Who knows... meanwhile, I doubt anyone is even reading anymore!
We loved having my nephew, Austen, out for a weekend to check out Stanford. Hopefully he loves the Bay Area as much as we do!!
Spent the weekend cruising the city and I love this shot of Hal running around with Kya.
We took a quick trip back to Utah for Ben's wedding (I'll have to get photos up) and had an incredible time catching up with some great, great old friends.
We really needed that trip. I got to spend some quality time with my sisters-in-law who I love. I needed the talks, laughs, and just time to feel sane again. We really miss you guys!
I was driving around and had to snap these shots to remember how I felt. It was so rejuvinating to visit family and see the bigger picture in life again! Sometimes I feel swept up in the day-to-day out here along with everyone else (and I vowed to try not to when we moved out here!!!). Why in the world should I care if my purse or hair color isn't right??? I actually LOVE my silver strands! (ok, ask me in 5 years, though)So I loved these scenes. Something simpler, something more to life...It reminded me of all the things I truly value.
4 comments:
What are you doing at Baker Beach that close to the bridge? Don't you know that's the nudie end of the beach? Obviously there was no one out there baring their flesh that day.
I know what you mean about having the right purse, hair color etc. I just try to ignore it the best I can since I know I can never be like everyone else. So I just do my best and try to be happy with it.
Our favorite nudie was there, in true form. Even swimming in the freezing water.
HA!! That comment just made me bust out laughing--OUT LOUD!!
He has magical appearances in our family photos - he even showed up on a Whiting family photo calendar about three years back...ha!
Glad you got away...but welcome back. Missed you (even if it is only by blog that I get you back)!!
I loved the pictures of the laundry out to dry! It reminds me of Utah... I miss the simplicity sometimes. I have always wanted to live in the city, and as soon as I got here I thought, "I am really just a country girl now, this is way to hectic for me!!!" I love it here, but I also loved seeing the pics that remind me of what I think is the perfect existence. Simplicity!
Post a Comment