Monday, August 04, 2008

Blockin' Around

Here are the results of our little "block party" this weekend and I finally made the blocks I've been dying to do for months now (as seen on Shannon's blog)! They are much cuter than the photo shows and I still have to finish putting photos and letters on, but I love them!
Talk about an easy project! Kerry ended up with adorable ones. Then we decided to make it a play day and we all went skiing afterward. Ya, it was a blast!
Even Michelle, who is due this week, got out on the kneeboard. UNREAL!
It was a perfect break from the chaos that I call my life this week.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

It was a super fun Saturday-hanging out with the girls while you crafted and then going boating. I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend the day. And one of these days I'll get around to making my own set of blocks.

Mike'n'Amy said...

DARLING!! I think I'll need those instructions...

HalnJess said...

They're totally my type of project - easy!
1) Pick whatever size wood (post)
2) chop it down (or just buy blocks)
3) Paint the edges of the blocks
4) cut scrapbook paper
5) Mod Podge everything on (even photos - so easy!)
6) Optional: It's cute to sand them a second time and rough up the edges for a more vintage look.

Our YW are doing it next week.

The Fowers said...

WOW!! I LOVE it! Your photos are awesome.

Shannon and Cameron said...

Wait, how could I post about that and not even get invited to the blocking party??? That is not ok!! But they turned out adorable!!