Thursday, April 03, 2008

Just when you think the party's over...

For those of you that know Hal, well, he's brilliant at "thinking outside the box." So the scavenger hunt was awesome. So I was then sent to Kya's toy box with cookies, the game closet for a clipboard (long story about me not enjoying being "in charge" of things), his side of the bed for cute little cards and earrings, and then finally my computer where he got me a new calendar (HE TOTALLY GETS ME!). Well, he calls me tonight on his way home from work and says, "Oh, ya look in the freezer for more."
So awesome Hal built not ONE, but TWO hunts because he said it's like Christmas and then you're done opening your presents and no matter how perfect the gifts were, you always like to open one more. (Classic Hal, eh?) So I went on my second hunt to find ice cream, beef jerky, and cute shirts he bought for me. I WAS SO IMPRESSED! My favorite part were the sweet notes he left at each stop.
Thanks, Hal. You're the best -- I wouldn't trade you for the world!!!
Hal is reading this over my shoulder and says, "Thanks, Jess, I'm glad you communicate with me!" - haha - is this the sign of a blogoholic?? YIKES!
Came across this cake dome today on Costco.com. It matches the lamp Hal brought and the chair in my head. Sure, practical, right? hehe--too cute, though.

3 comments:

Tristan said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever heard!! Major points are awarded to Hal! What a great hubby!

I know, we haven't got together in a while! Maddie misses Kya! We will have to make a playdate to the park sometime next week! Have a good conference weekend!

Wardell Family said...

That is impressive! What a guy you have there, Jess. You guys are adorable together-so glad you are loving Cali!

Christine said...

TWO scavenger hunts? Wow! I can hardly wait to see what he does when you are at Roadshow tomorrow night - and remind him you also have practice Saturday morning - so I'm thinking he's got plenty of alone time so add me to his list!