Ok, so my sister-in-law is absolutely hilarious and one of my favorite people. Here are her notes from April Fools. Consider yourself warned if you are going to Girls Camp in the Carrollton Stake!!! (I'll leave her name off to "protect the innocent")

Kira is usually our prankster (the water sprayer is old news here, as well as switching out the innerds of the cereal boxes), but with it being finals week, she barely had time to blink, let alone do dastardly deeds. So, at 12:30 a.m. when I remembered it was April fool's, I snuck into Tyler's room and sewed him into his sheets - pjs to the sheets and the comforter to Tyler. I was giggling so hard I thought I was going to pee my pants. Fortunately he's a SOUND sleeper and I could kneel next to him on the bed without notice. At one point he shifted and started rubbing his nose (I was sewing his comforter to his chest at the time) and I temporarily lost the needle, but found it soon enough after moving his arm out of the way.
I tied Dan and Nate together across their room - arms to legs and vice versa. Nate was not amused.
I can't set foot in Kira's room without her waking up, so I let her go all day wondering when I was going to get her. While she was at school I "cupped" her room - you staple cups together to fill the room and fill them with water. So the only way in is to remove them - one cup at a time. She cleared away just enough that she could jump over the rest and while Grandpa Woodfield was here visiting over the weekend, he helped her take it all down.
She told me to 'watch out" because she was going to get me back when I least expect it. I told her not to "poke the beast", because I was far more diabolical, and I had better resources. Still waiting for the other shoe to drop.
The best April fool was unintended. I colored all the water in the toilet tanks (so the nasty color comes out when you flush) and in the taps (involves removing part of the faucet and some colored tablets). Craig came in to the kitchen that morning and announced solidly, "I am making MY OWN breakfast this morning!" He went on to regale the kids with stories of his mother over-salting their oatmeal every April Fool's morning. He was fixing instant oatmeal and turned on the faucet and filled his bowl with orange water. The timing couldn't have been better. and I was SOOOOOOO tempted to salt it up as it sat in the microwave for 30 minutes while he showered.
So I am now legend among Tyler's friends and their mothers, and the kids all call me madre diablo. (And to think this was just the first things that came to mind, I'm already making plans for next year).
I tied Dan and Nate together across their room - arms to legs and vice versa. Nate was not amused.
I can't set foot in Kira's room without her waking up, so I let her go all day wondering when I was going to get her. While she was at school I "cupped" her room - you staple cups together to fill the room and fill them with water. So the only way in is to remove them - one cup at a time. She cleared away just enough that she could jump over the rest and while Grandpa Woodfield was here visiting over the weekend, he helped her take it all down.
She told me to 'watch out" because she was going to get me back when I least expect it. I told her not to "poke the beast", because I was far more diabolical, and I had better resources. Still waiting for the other shoe to drop.
The best April fool was unintended. I colored all the water in the toilet tanks (so the nasty color comes out when you flush) and in the taps (involves removing part of the faucet and some colored tablets). Craig came in to the kitchen that morning and announced solidly, "I am making MY OWN breakfast this morning!" He went on to regale the kids with stories of his mother over-salting their oatmeal every April Fool's morning. He was fixing instant oatmeal and turned on the faucet and filled his bowl with orange water. The timing couldn't have been better. and I was SOOOOOOO tempted to salt it up as it sat in the microwave for 30 minutes while he showered.
So I am now legend among Tyler's friends and their mothers, and the kids all call me madre diablo. (And to think this was just the first things that came to mind, I'm already making plans for next year).
1 comment:
Ohhh, Marilee!!!!
Post a Comment