Monday, March 30, 2009

What's up with them Whitings??

Ok, I LOVED this number at Dance Festival this year (the cute strawberry-blond is my little 12 yr old sister).

Just pause the music on the side bar. I can't help but laugh every time I see this. Apparently Brooke is the mastermind behind this!!




Next, an update on our crazy life. So back in December Hal and I looked at each other as the last three partners in his department all left the company. Sure enough, they dissolved his side in January.

Ok, so you know the song - it's been stuck in my head for weeks during this really fun economic stuff ... "dum dum dum...another one bites the dust..." haha! That's how it felt! Anyhow, at least the song kept it lighter for me!

We felt incredibly blessed when Hal received two offers from great companies. We've been going back and forth - stay here with Google, or move to Boise with HP (they would move us back in 2-3 years). LOOOOONG story short, Hal felt like HP was the right move and

We're off to Boise!!

A lot of funny jokes - but I can't think of them now --- so I'll have to post them later. Can we blame pregnancy brain? haha!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so sad you're up and moving again. At least your parents are in our ward so hopefully we'll be seeing you from time to time.

Shannon and Cameron said...

Oh how sad! But I 'm glad you guys feel good about everything!! I love the video btw!! We will miss you!!

ermakaluso said...

Jessica- somehow I ran across your blog today and this is the first post I read. I have a cousin that lives up in Eagle, ID and her husband works for HP. If you want any info, let me know and I can put you in touch with her. Cute blog and congratulations on the pregnancy!

Marla said...

Is Boise the new silicon valley? Hope you love it.

Tristan said...

So sad! You won't be there whenever I get back there! :(

Glad Hal was able to get another job though! We are still looking...and working on Ryan's business. The economy sucks!!

Good luck!

LaFish said...

Jess, so of all the places in the country that you could move to ie Dallas, McKinney, Frisco, Prosper etc and you guys choose Boise? :) Congrats on the new job though, that is great news. Also congrats on the new little one, at least San Fran was fruitful for you guys. We sure do miss you guys, it is hard to find good, like minded folks and we will always be ready to welcome you back when you are ready! HP has a big office in Plano :)

Davis Family said...

I'm also sad to see you go, but excited that you get to move to my hometown that I LOVE!!! Seriously, I love Boise. My mom and stepdad work at HP! I wasn't aware that that is where Hal will be working. Good luck!!!

Unknown said...

So sad you're moving! Ah, but Idaho is my home sweet home. Enjoy! A lot of my family lives in the Boise area. If you'd like advice on housing, let me know and I'll ask them what they recommend. They may have some good hookups. Good luck!

Jensens said...

You may find the following definitions to Idahoan terminolgy useful:

Borrow Pit: the side of the road is lower than ground level. People call this the borrow pit. Like, "I fish-tailed my car on the ice and ended up in the borrow pit." However, the middle dirt area that divides multi-directional traffic on the freeway is still a median.

Jockeybox: a less stuffy name for the glove compartment. As in, "The bored officer pulled me over and I had to dig through the jockeybox to find my registration."

outfit: refers to cars. Growing up my dad's outfit was a truck and my mom's was the suburban. I'd often hear, "What outfit are we going to take to go to town?"

Go to town: to drive on the freeway to get to the closest store in the closest town.

Hope this helps.
:0)
Mari

Harper Family said...

Ok, very cool dance video. I love watching video like that. Wow!! Boise and pregnant. So many changes.