Two years ago I sat across the table from a doctor who, without missing a beat, nonchalantly (and with zero feeling) tells me I basically couldn't have/carry any children. I was shocked - did I even hear that right? I asked him to repeat it and could hardly believe it. I had so many questions but all I managed to even ask was:
"What if I am pregnant?"
He just shook his head...
He just shook his head.
.
The next several weeks were a blurred nightmare. I was getting pushed to be at girlscamp and Hal was leaving for a 2-week business trip out of the country. Then we got a phone call that his grandmother passed away and we quickly tried to arrange a way for him to see his family. As we left for the airport, I began to lose the baby.
I felt completely helpless and just sat on the plane with tears brimming my eyes.
Wasn't there anything I could do?
Was this really happening?
.
Fast forward and making a long story short,
.
We found our little miracle
.
And this kidd-o WIGGLES! The ultrasound technician even started laughing because the baby wouldn't stop FLIPPING!
I fell in love with these little feet.
No, they're not crossed like most babies' feet because this one likes to stretch completely out and arch its back. If it feels squished now, the poor thing is in for a loooooong haul! Meanwhile, it's so fun to feel -- I was worried I wouldn't get to experience this again.
Kya is VERY excited to be a big sister. She has everything all planned out and steals every moment she can with us. She's loving gymnastics right now and we have "parties" every day. Our favorites have been the steak fondu parties!




13 comments:
I am so so excited for you! Congratulations a million times over!!!
Congrats jess! That is so WONDERFUL!!! I feel like we need to catch so I can get the full story!!!!! email me! carina@diginirvana.com...for starteds, how far along are you?
Hooray!! I am soooo happy for you guys!!! When are you due? Yay!!
Congrats!!! How exciting. Aren't doctors so great... we should give awards for bedside manners or lack there of. I'm so happy for you!! When are you due?
Such a sad story at the beginning and SO HAPPY at the end. Congrats, Congrats.
Jess, that is such wonderful news. You are such a good mother, I'm happy you get to have another one.
Yeah!! We are so happy for you all.
Congrats! Jess, that is so exciting! I hope you're feeling good and that your family is great!
So exciting, we love it! The tea party is just too awesome! I hope you didnt make Kya wear the gloves because of germs, she just looks so cute in them! I am guessing there was also a place setting for dad and "baby". When do find out what you are having?
Yea!! We are so excited for you three...soon to be four!! Aren't doctors fabulous - gotta love that wonderful bedside manner. Ahhhh!
Kya will be such a great big sister. I loved the party picture with her wearing the gloves - so cute!
I need another chat...
Congratulations Jessica, I'm so very happy for you and your cute little family!
Congratulations! I am SOOO happy for you guys! When are you due?
Post a Comment