Okay, I remember being nervous about this at 15 - let alone..cough cough...now! But they shot me up there!
We have the best camp ever. Here is our YCL rappelling down with our 1st year in total tears.
Can't forget the skiing and boarding at camp. We had incredible water - sorry about the squatting - that's weird.
And I missed my family. I was totally exhausted!
I seriously missed my camp girls! Jenny I totally laughed out loud as I passed the rock we hid behind the night we snuck out of the cabins (full-on decked out in camou gear - hats, pants, shirts, face paint) and scared the late-night bathroom trippers to death! Didn't we even use waterguns? Jacquie, I totally remember taking all our crazy pictures behind the cabin!
They've since banned pranks but I did manage to throw a few FREAKY plastic spiders on people during campfire... ha!
The one part that caught me off guard was being a counselor with Becky's little sister. She's SO much like Becky that I was totally thrown off. Even though I've seen Becky several times since we had babies, etc, she still remains forever in my mind, the long-legged 15-yr-old with huge beautiful eyes there at camp with us. As everyone who completed 6+ yrs at camp stood up to sing As Sisters in Zion, I choked back thinking that she should have been standing up there with us.
It was a good week.
6 comments:
I so wish that I could have been at camp this year. I was sad not to go and now that I've gotten reports back from my posse there, it made me even more sad. I'm glad you had a great time though.
WOW. Not feeling bad you missed camp in TX? ;)
Sounds like you had a great time at camp and I loved that you brought up plastic spiders! That's funny.
I haven't even heard from Mare - how did TX camp go??
I think it went well...better hikes, lots of improvements. But did you know they're probably going to shady lakes again next year and Frisco stake will probably be as big if not bigger that Carrollton was (youth wise)? Crazy!!
Camp Ritchie was the best. I feel bad for the girls at camp here, knowing what we got to do there. That would be so weird to go back there. We had so much fun! That would have been so fun to see you in West Yellowstone. Hope you are great!
Post a Comment